Do-it-yourself bird feeders with kids
Original ideas, photos and instructions for making simple beautiful do-it-yourself bird feeders with your children.
How to make a bird feeder from a can
- coffee can with a plastic lid;
- acrylic paint;
- color adhesive tape;
- yarn / ribbon;
How to do
1. Cut the bottom of the can with a can opener.
2. Cut the plastic cover into two ladles.
3. Paint both parts of the cover with acrylic paint. Let it dry.
4. Decorate the jar with colorful strips of tape. Lay layers on top of each other to make strips of different widths.
5. Cut the thread or tape to the desired length. Pull through the jar. Install the lid halves on the sides of the feeder.
6. Pour the bird food into the feeder and hang it on a tree.
DIY bird treat
A simple and unusual recipe for feathered friends. Positive emotions will accompany the child from the beginning of preparation to the process of hanging food on a tree.
- ready-made food for parrots (millet, seeds are suitable);
- cookie cutters;
- cocktail tubes;
How to do
In this recipe, gelatin acts as a binding ingredient, it must be diluted as it is written on the package, but the gelatin itself should be taken 2 times more than indicated in the instructions. Add to the feed the required amount of diluted gelatin, so that it envelops all the grains. We lay out the grain mass according to the molds, insert the straws to make holes for the strings and send it to freeze in the refrigerator. After about 1-2 hours, we take out the frozen figures, thread the ropes through the holes and go outside to hang out a treat for the birds on twigs.
Nourishing Blueberry Muffin
Make a nutritious cupcake with the kids for the bluebirds. Take raw lard (beef or pork), cut into pieces and simmer over low heat. Sprinkle the seeds into the silicone cake pan and fill with melted lard. Wait until it solidifies. Take a treat out of the molds and hang it on a rope on a tree or balcony.
How to feed birds in winter
Birds can be fed sunflower seeds (raw, unsalted), oats, millet, wheat, crushed peanuts, raw unsalted fat. Put in the feeder apple slices, many birds peck at them with pleasure.
What you can’t feed the birds:
- With bread. Birds digest it very hard, because It contains a lot of fat and protein. Bread fills the stomach, but does not provide enough energy.
- Salty. Do not feed the spoiled (rancid, etc.) cereals to the birds. You should not treat the birds with potato chips, cookies and buns.
Ideas for Original Bird Feeders
Unusual bird feeder from a cup and saucer.
You can hang the goodies on the ropes on the tree.
Feeder from a plastic bottle and wooden spatulas.
Offer to make your child a bird feeder from Lego.
Simple peel feeder from orange or lemon.
The idea of how to make a bird feeder out of the box from milk or juice.
I liked the article – share it with your friends on social networks by clicking on the button below!